Man Utd play maker rejected new contract extension Deal. Here’s why
Jesse Lingard has reportedly turned down the offer of a new contract at Manchester United due to concerns over game time
The England international enjoyed a highly successful loan spell at West Ham last season
However, Ole admitted he will stay at Old Trafford this campaign and fight for his place.
The 28-year-old though has not started a game for United so far this season and is in the final year of his £100,000-a-week deal at the club.
Now it has been reported by the Evening Standard that he has snubbed a contract extension.
Which could enable him to leave the club permanently at the end of the season.
During his spell in east London, Lingard scored nine goals and created five assists in 16 appearances.
Despite not being able to sign Lingard permanently in the summer
there are suggestions David Moyes’ side could make a fresh approach in the January transfer window.
The attacking midfielder is said to want assurances over game time at his boyhood club
Concerned that a lack of opportunities will impact his place in the England squad ahead of the World Cup in Qatar next year.
Asked about Lingard, England boss Gareth Southgate said;
“We know Jesse has a challenge and he knows he has a big challenge with the quality of attacking players at United”
“But they’ve also got a lot of matches in different competitions so hopefully he can take that challenge on and he will take that challenge on”
“He has rebounded brilliantly in the last 12 months from a difficult period and he has shown that he has got quality”
After missing the Euros, Lingard scored twice and produced an assist during England’s 4-0 victory over Andorra on Sunday.
Do you think he’s making the right decision over his career?